First Storey Building In Nigeria
The first-storey building is located in Badagry, Lagos State. The foundation of the building was laid in 1842 and the house was completed in 1845. History has it that the ancient structure was erected by Reverend Henry Townsend of the Church Missionary Society (CMS).
The structure was occupied by Samuel Ajayi Crowther, the first African C.M.S Bishop when he undertook the translation of the Holy Bible from English to Yoruba. It was also used as Vicarage for Saint Thomas Anglican church.